It’s been a bit since I posted a full-match preview so let’s catch everyone up to speed.
Outside the 18
- Christian Pulisic finalized a $73 million move to Chelsea in the eighth largest transfer in Premier League history. He will be loaned back to Dortmund to finish out this season, joining Chelsea officially this summer.
- We have a title race! Man City beat Liverpool 2-1 last Thursday to insert themselves in the title race, closing the gap to four points instead of ten.
- After their loss to City on Thursday, Liverpool also fell to Wolves in the FA Cup 2-1, getting knocked out in Round 3.
- Man City won in the FA Cup 7-0 and won in Leg 1 of the Carabao Cup Semi Final 9-0. They are the first team since the 50’s to win consecutive domestic matches by at least 7 goals.
- Spurs beat Chelsea in Leg 1 of the Carabao Cup Semi Final on a controversial Harry Kane penalty. There were questions on whether or not he was offside on the initial build up play.
- PSG lost their first Coupe de la Ligue match since 2012 to Guingamp 2-1.
Here’s where we stand in the Premier League so far.
This Season’s Record: 108-100-29 (-4.4 Units)
Matchweek 21 Record: 1-0-0 (+1.2 Units)
Let’s get this party started.
Saturday, January 12th
English Premier League
7:30 am EST
Arsenal @ West Ham – A little London Derby here as Arsenal now are feeling a bit of pressure with United on their heels in 6th place. West Ham will be getting Talisman Marko Arnautovic back but will still have a short squad for this match with seven players in their normal rotation sidelined. In contrast, Arsenal are fully healthy and although they’ve played some crappy teams lately (Fulham and Blackpool), I think their form will be crucial in this one with a couple wins under their belt and a few days of rest. They’ve also only dropped points to teams outside of the top six twice this season. With the squad slowly getting used to Emery’s new style, I like for them to start winning the matches you’d expect them to.